The global rollout of the Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One began on July 6 and most of the European owners are already enjoying the new firmware. A few countries such as the UK, Ireland and Spain were left out of the loop for a while, but they are finally getting to experience Android 4.2.2 on the HTC One now.
HTC One owners in the UK, Ireland and Spain may want to check their phones for a new software update. A small 1.5MB bug fix update should be waiting for them as a preparation for the huge 416.5MB Android 4.2.2 firmware upgrade.
Here goes the official changelog:
- Music channel: Seeks, fast forward/rewind functions added.
- Launcher bar enhancement.
- Android 4.2.2 update (includes Daydream, Photo Sphere, lockscreen enchantments).
- Enhanced Home button behavior.
- Widget panel rearrangement.
- New Lock screen style widget.
- Show battery level in status bar.
- Quick settings panel: 12 default settings by new touch gesture.
- Home button options added to make navigation menu bar removable.
- AE/AF lock feature: Lock Exposure/Focus on viewfinder screen.
- Zoe: New Zoe file format for better file management.
- Video Highlights: Add 6 extra themes.
There are very few countries still left to receive the Android 4.2.2 for the HTC One now and, seeing how the rollout progresses, they probably won’t have to wait for much longer.